Wednesday, January 30, 2008
The UK Google Finance site, geared to investors in the UK, is now live. You can access stock prices, mutual funds, financial news, blogs, and charts, all through our easy-to-use and familiar interface. Here are some highlights:
- Search with a preference for UK companies and mutual funds.
- Google News integration – With a preference for news from British sources. The news is organized in groups by news topic, rather than listed by date, so you won't have to scroll through multiple headlines for the same news story.
- Interactive Charts – Maps market data with corresponding news stories in a single interactive chart, so you can track news to stock performance. You can also click and drag on the charts to see different time periods, and zoom in for more detailed information.
- Front page market summary with FTSE indices and British pound exchange rates.
- Blogs – Incorporates blog postings for related company information from Google Blog Search.
- Discussion Groups – High quality discussion forums are part of the service. We have a team of folks dedicated to keeping the conversation experience free of spam and irrelevant posts.
- Portfolios – A fast and easy way for you to create and track portfolios of stocks and mutual funds in the currency of your choice.